Otto-Dibelius-Straße 9, 46045 Oberhausen
The Hans Böckler School was erected as a 9-storey steel skeleton high-rise, flanked by other flat buildings. Particularly striking are the colours of the ensemble and the openings in the facade of the skyscraper which are offset to the right and left. The filigree roof, which seems to float above the tower like a folded paper, also characterises the cityscape. The area under the roof was originally intended as a playground. Together with the neighbouring Tax Office Bochum Süd (1960), the Health Office (1957) and the Town Hall (1962), the school is part of a renewal of the administrative district after the Second World War.